Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Thanksgiving Week- (not black) Friday


Leah took this terrific picture of the "H" cousins: Katie, Tia, Madison, Ellie, Bryton, and Bryce

So much to blog about when you take a whole week off school!! No Black Friday shopping for us this year. I have to admit I am a little envious of my friends that got a big chunk of their shopping done that day and, admittedly, some great deals. But as for me...

1) I am not much of a shopper (cue: sympathy for my three daughters that LOVE to shop)
2) I think Black Friday is NUTS
3) I value my sleep....that may be an understatement

So....I did NOT look at the ads and we slept in (all this playing is hard work!) Grandma H got wind that our girlies LOVE crab legs (especially Madison) and went to Sam's Club and got some Alaskan king crab (huge) and TOTALLY spoiled us.


Bryton vs. the crab leg


Yummm. Madison cannot wait.
After lunch, at Ellie (she saw a commercial) and Tracy's request we went to Burlington Coat Factory ...ok I did shop a tiny bit...and got the girls some totally cute boots for $10 each. They all love them so much they wear them at the same time...AMAZING. Then my mom rescued me from the store (Love you Wade!-I left him with the girls...at the store...on Black Friday...and he likes shopping less than I do) and took Kim (my sister), Carmen (sister-in-law), and me out for coffee to celebrate Kim's birthday. Very fun! While I was gone the kids made gingerbread houses with their cousins at Grandma H's house


Katie and Tia



Ellie, Bryton, Madison



Ellie, Madison, Katie, Tia, Bryton














Auntie Tracy with Katie








Grandpa and Grandma H with all the grandkids just before Grandpa left to go on a hunting trip.



Mom, Kim, Carmen, and me out for coffee.









To top off a great day we watched the "Fighting Sioux" defeat Cornell in hockey 7-3 on the big screen at a favorite hot wings joint.

1 comments:

Jennie said...

Love the pictures. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!