Bonjour!...The girls and I just got back last night from a long weekend in Montreal with Wade, who is currently in training there. This is the first time the girls have been somewhere that English is not the primary language. We had a nice time, visiting the Biodome (basically an indoor zoo with several areas representing different North American climates), the site of the 1976 summer olympics, and one of several art museums. We got to see some "Monet's and Picasso's" and even spent some time making our own pastel portraits. The hands down favorite was the Daddy's portrait of Madison. Flights went smoothly-the girls have gotten to be such savvy fliers- and we got home in time for Ellie's soccer match. Her team won 2-0 and she scored both goals. Not sure if seeing the olympic soccer stadium inspired her or getting up at 4:30 in the morning!!
This has been the year to see Canada- We had the privilege of joining Wade's parents on a camping trip in Banff (Canadian Rockies) this summer. What a majestic place. I hope to post some pictures yet from that trip.
It's been a long time...I became frustrated with computer/camera difficulties and quit posting entries. I never really thought about posting without photos! Anyway, I hope to get some pictures up soon and get back into the swing of things.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Oh Canada...
Posted by Cheryl at 11:05 PM

0 comments:
Post a Comment