

We love our veteran!! The above pictures from 2004 show Wade standing in front of the tent he lived in during his year long deployment to Iraq and on the steps of a ziggurat in Ur (temple in ancient Mesopotamia). The last picture always makes me smile. We were actively involved with the unit's Family Readiness Group (FRG) during Wade's deployment. I had seen yellow ribbon magnets for the first time at Ft. Campbell (before they were everywhere you looked!) and had some customized to heighten awareness and sell as a fundraiser for the unit's eventual homecoming celebration. When the box came, I was surprised to walk into the kitchen to find the girls had opened it and plastered the refrigerator with as many magnets as would fit. I guess they missed their Daddy!

1 comments:
The girls look so little! I remember those days well. So glad God took good care of our favorite veteran. Thanks Wade!
Post a Comment