Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whatever Works...




I was just looking for Madison and wondering if she was doing her math like she was supposed to. Guess where I found her...in the bathroom with the light off working by the light of a candle and a flashlight. And that is some of the fun of homeschooling!
Aren't the walls pretty? I went to a women's retreat with my friend Kelley last Friday and Saturday. That is a whole other story...the entire retreat was themed around CHOCOLATE! Anyway, while I was away my sweet husband painted the bathroom for me! He sprang this on me about half an hour before I left wondering if I had a color picked out...well I sorta kinda did and I absolutely couldn't pass up an opportunity like this so I scoured the house looking for something of the color I had in mind. I found a scarf and a dried leaf I had brought back from the Smoky Mountains a few years back. The walls turned out a little darker than I expected but I still love it. BIG improvement over the flat, uncleanable builder beige paint that was there before.

0 comments: